[EN] My travel buddy and I were talking about visiting Tibet for a long time. And, we ended up confirming our trip around Sept last year, when we marked our days off for this trip! However, we waited until last minute to actually plan our trip.
We did not finalize our itinerary until 20 days before we depart. Luckily, my cousin visited Tibet back in April this year, and he generously shared his information and connection with me, which saved my time from doing research from 0%.
Day01: TRAIN from XiNing (14:01)
Day02: Arrive Lhasa (11:14)→Jokhang Temple & The Barkhor
Day03: Potala Palace (Reservation needed)→Mila Mountain(5013m)→Nyingchi
Day04: Yarlung Tsangpo Grand Canyon
Day05: Kading Tianfo Pubu Forest Scenic Area→Pagsum Lake→Nyang River
Day06: Yamdrok Lake→Karola Glacier→Shigatse (Tibet Border Pass to Mount Everest needed)
Day07: Rongbuk Monastery→Everest Base Camp
Day09: 烏拉山(Wula Mountan?)→Tashi Lhunpo Monastery
Day10: Yarlung Tsangpo River→Grassland→Namtso (Lake Nam)
Day11: The Nagenla Mountain→Nyenchen Tanglha Mountains→Lhasa
Day12: FLIGHT: Lhasa → Chongqing → Macau
Here are some tips while planning:
1. If you plan to enter Tibet by train, DO NOT buy your flight ticket until train tickets are confirmed.
2. Be flexible on the date of traveling with train (tickets will not be on sale until 1 month before travel date, and are easily sold out in 5 minutes for weekend trips)
3. If you aren't able to obtain any train ticket, fly to Nyingchi (altitude of 2,994m) instead of Lhasa for your body to adapt and avoid altitude sickness.
4. If you hire a private driver, explain all your schedule and needs clearly and modify your itinerary with him/her.
5. Make sure to hire a registered driver from a legit company.
Day01: 西寧上火車 (Z6801 14:01)
Day02: 火車抵達拉薩 (Z6801 11:14) 大昭寺 & 八廓街
While I'm organizing my information for the exciting Tibet trip earlier this month. I would like to share my mini trip (2 days) in Xi'an with my travel buddy (J.Wong)!
It's like having a Chinese history lesson staying in this city. Xi'an is one of the oldest city in China, and was the capital of several important dynasties in Chinese history. J.Wong and I are not too knowledgable about Chinese history, and we were raised by TVB drama series, so we were using actor names to recall our memories throughout the trip! =P (Fun fun times! We were so into the characters, we even re-watched some episodes on the plane from HK to Xi'an: 尋秦記 - A Step into the Past is CLASSIC!)
Xi'an is such a beautiful city, that I felt like I was walking into a movie setting while walking on the street, seeing all the historical buildings! (Especially during night time when the light up all the buildings)
We only stayed for 2 days, so we decided to join a half day local tour to visit Huaqing Palace and the famous Terracotta Army. (will share in my next post)
And! LUCKLY, we had some spared time to walk around and enjoyed sunset on the city wall.
The views are just stunning!